Terms And Conditions
3. Kuriyas Food enables transactions between participant restaurants/merchants and buyers, dealing in prepared food and beverages (“Platform Services”). The buyers (“Buyer/s”) can choose and place orders (“Orders”) from variety of products listed and offered for sale by merchants including but not limited to the restaurants and eateries (“Merchant/s”), on the Platform and Kuriyas Food enables delivery of such orders (“Delivery Services”). The Platform Services and Delivery Services are collectively referred to as “Services”
5. You may not print, copy, reproduce, download, republish, broadcast, transmit, display, modify or re-use the materials from this Site for anything other than personal, non-commercial use, including in particular any purpose which publicly re-sells or re-uses the materials, without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in this Site and its content (including without limitation the Site design, text, graphics, logos, icons, images and all software, databases and source code connected with the Site) are owned by or licensed to food.kuriyas.com or otherwise used by food.kuriyas.com as permitted by law.
6. This Site contains links to other websites. We provide the links as a convenience as they may or may not be of interest to you. Those websites are not under the control of food.kuriyas.com and Kuriyas Food is not responsible for or represent the quality of goods or services; practices, content or availability of such websites. A link does not imply endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the linked site. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk, and we will not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damages caused by use of or reliance on any contents, goods or services available on such websites.
A. Order Bookings
- By placing an order through our Platform, you enter into an agreement with Kuriyas Food with respect to the processing of that order and forwarding it to the participating restaurant and we will, subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, enable delivery of such order to you.
- Kuriyas Food accepts no responsibility or liability for the quality or quantity of any goods as we do not own, sell, resell on its own and/or do not control the Merchants or the related services provided in connection thereof. The Restaurant remains responsible for the preparation, quality & quantity of your order.
- As a general rule, all food orders placed on the Platform are treated as acknowledged- you will receive an email to confirm we have received your order. This email contains your order number and order details. Please note that this is acknowledgement of your order, not acceptance.
- Acceptance of your order will only occur when we send you a further text message (SMS), WhatsApp message and / or email confirming that the restaurant has received and accepted your order. The message will specify restaurant preparation time and delivery details including the estimated delivery time and confirm the price of the order and delivery service
- In addition to the foregoing, we may also contact you by phone and / or email to inform and confirm any change in the order, due to availability or unavailability, lack of delivery capacity or change in price of the order as informed by the Merchant. Please note change or confirmation of the order shall be treated as final. It is clarified that Kuriyas Food reserves the right to not process your order in the event you are unavailable on the phone at the time we call you for confirming the order and such event the provisions of the cancellation and refund policy below shall be applicable
- Please make sure the email address you provide is correct and your mailbox is in proper working order, as all correspondence regarding your order is sent to this address. Incorrect personal details may lead to problems or delays in delivery, so please ensure that you have included your correct address (including landmark close to address), email address and contact telephone number when ordering.
- All payments made against the purchases/services on the Platform by you shall be compulsorily in Nigerian Naira acceptable in Nigeria. The Platform will not facilitate transactions with respect to any other form of currency with respect to the purchases made on Platform.
- You can pay by (i) credit card or debit card; (ii) bank transfer; (iii) cash on delivery or any other payment method at the time of booking an order. You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided by Kuriyas Food is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment, receiving payment on delivery, collection and remittance facility for the transactions on the Platform using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and credit card payment gateway networks.
- If paying with a credit or debit card, you warrant that you are the legal owner of the card and the details that you provide are for your own credit or debit card. You also warrant that you have sufficient funds to make the payment.
- You acknowledge and agree that we act as the Merchant’s payment agent for the limited purpose of accepting payments from you on behalf of the Merchant. Upon your payment of amounts to us, which are due to the Merchant, your payment obligation to the Merchant for such amounts is completed, and we are responsible for remitting such amounts to the Merchant. You shall not, under any circumstances whatsoever, make any payment directly to the Merchant for Order bookings made using the Platform.
- The prices reflected on the Platform are determined solely by the Merchant, are correct at the time of publication and are listed based on Merchant’s information. Prices may change at the time of placing an order due to Merchant changing the menu price without due intimation and such change of price are at the sole discretion of the Merchant attributing to various factors beyond control. In the case the price listed is not current and the merchant informs us immediately after placing the order, we will contact you to inform you about the price difference and you can choose to opt-out of the order.
- All relevant sales tax and delivery charges will be indicated alongside prices of items. We also reserve the right to alter the goods or services available for sale on the platform and to stop listing restaurants, goods or services.
- All applicable prices, taxes and levies, the rates thereof and the manner of applicability of such taxes on the bill will be displayed in your order summary and are being charged and determined by the Merchant. Kuriyas Food holds no responsibility for the legal correctness/validity of the levy of such taxes. The sole responsibility for any legal issue arising on the taxes shall reside with the Merchant.
- The Merchant shall be solely responsible for any warranty/guarantee of the food products sold to the Buyers and in no event shall be the responsibility of Kuriyas Food.
- All food preparation is the sole responsibility of the restaurant accepting the order. Please be aware that the restaurant will do everything they can to meet the meal preparation time so as to meet the delivery time you specified, however delivery times may be affected by factors beyond our control and therefore cannot be guaranteed. We will inform you if we become aware of an unexpected delay/late delivery
- You may not be able to avail our Services if your delivery location is outside our current scope of Service. We will keep you informed of the same at the time of confirming your order booking.
- If your order is not delivered within the estimated delivery time quoted by us, you may also contact us by telephone or email and we will try to ensure that you receive your order as quickly as possible.
- You must ensure that at the time of delivery, adequate arrangements including access where necessary are in place for the safe delivery of your order. We cannot be held liable for any damage, cost or expense incurred to your order where this arises as a result of a failure to provide adequate access or arrangements for delivery. Any insurance and other costs which we incur as a result of the inability to deliver shall be your responsibility and you shall indemnify us in full for such cost.
- If you fail to accept delivery of your order at the time they are ready for delivery, or we are unable to deliver at the nominated time due to your failure to provide appropriate instructions, or authorizations, then your order shall be deemed to have been delivered to you and all risk and responsibility in relation to your order shall pass to you and you shall not be entitled to any refund for the same. Our decision in relation to this shall be final and binding. We shall not be liable to you for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges or expenses arising out of late delivery
D. Cancellation and Refunds
We process cancellations and refunds in accordance with our Cancellations and Refunds Policy
E. Customer Ratings and Reviews
The ratings contained on this Platform are for informational purposes only and do not constitute advice, nor should you rely on ratings to make (or refrain from making) or take (or refrain from taking) any action. Ratings are the opinions of customers who have ordered through the Site, and any statements, advice or opinions made by such customers are those of such customers only.
F. Use of Platform
- Kuriyas Food is operating an online marketplace and assumes the role of facilitator, and does not at any point of time during any transaction between Buyer and Merchant on the Platform come into or take possession of any of the products or services offered by Merchant.
- Kuriyas Food is only providing a platform for communication and in the case of complaints from the Buyer pertaining to food efficacy, quality, or any other such issues, Kuriyas Food shall notify the same to the Merchant. The Merchant shall be liable for redressing Buyer complaints. In the event you raise any complaint on any Merchant accessed using our Platform, we shall assist you to the best of our abilities by providing relevant information to you, such as details of the Merchant and the specific Order to which the complaint relates, to enable satisfactory resolution of the complaint
- You agree and acknowledge that we shall not be responsible for: (a) The services or goods provided by the Merchant including, but not limited to, serving of food orders suiting your requirements and needs; (b) The Merchant’s services or goods not being up to your expectations or leading to any loss, harm or damage to you; (c) The availability or unavailability of certain items on the menu; or (d) The Merchant serving the incorrect orders.
- The details of the menu and price list available on the Platform are based on the information provided by the Merchants and we shall not be responsible for any change or cancellation or unavailability.
- You understand that our liability ends once your order has been delivered to you.
- We do not offer any refunds against orders already purchased from the Platform unless an error that is directly attributable to us has occurred during the purchase of such product or services.
- We constantly strive to provide you with accurate information on the Platform. However, in the event of an error, we may, in our sole discretion, contact you with further instructions.
- Do not use or launch any automated system or program in connection with our website or its online ordering functionality
- Do not collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from the website, use communication systems provided by the website for any commercial solicitation purposes, solicit for any reason whatsoever any users of the website with respect to their submissions to the website, or publish or distribute any vouchers or codes in connection with the website, or scrape or hack the website.
- If you use the Platform, you do the same at your own risk.
- You agree that the Services shall be provided by us only during the working hours of the relevant Merchants.
- You agree and grant permission to Kuriyas Food to receive promotional SMS and emails from Kuriyas Food or allied partners. In case you wish to opt out of receiving promotional SMS or email please send a mail to email@example.com.
- To use our service you must be 18 years of age or older. Note that certain items may not be suitable for certain age ranges. Please make sure by carefully reading item descriptions, that the item or items you order suits the recipient’s age
Kuriyas Food is operating an online marketplace and assumes the role of facilitator, and does not at any point of time during any transaction between Buyer and Merchant on the Platform come into or take possession of any of the products or services offered by Merchant.
H. Platform Availability and Accuracy
- We endeavor to make the Platform available to use during Merchant working hours. To the extent permitted by law, we provide the Platform and content on an “as-is” and “as available” basis and we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the content or availability of this Platform, or that it will be timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- This Platform may be unavailable at certain times to allow for maintenance and upgrades and some functions and features may not be fully operational. Although we will endeavor to notify customers in advance of any service unavailability, this cannot be guaranteed and we reserve the right to alter or withdraw the service at any time.
- This Platform is intended to be accessed by persons located in NIGERIA and we make no representation that any information, materials or functions included in the Platform are appropriate for use in any other jurisdiction.
Customers are at the core of our business and our processes. We take complaints very seriously and aim to respond to your complaints within 3 business days. Please submit any complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org
You shall not assign or transfer or purport to assign or transfer the contract between you and us to any other person.
K. Governing Law
L. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- Due to the vagaries that can occur in the electronic distribution of information and due to the limitations inherent in providing information obtained from multiple sources, there may be delays, omissions, or inaccuracies in the content provided on the platform or delay or errors in functionality of the platform. As a result, we do not represent that the information posted is correct in every case. Also, neither can we warrant that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the website and we do not make any warranty whatsoever, whether express or implied, relating to fitness for purpose, or accuracy
- We have taken all reasonable steps to prevent internet fraud and ensure any data collected from you is stored as securely and safely as possible. However, we cannot be held liable in the extremely unlikely event of a breach in our secure computer servers or those of third parties.
- You acknowledge that third party services are available on the platform. We may have formed partnerships or alliances with some of these third parties from time to time in order to facilitate the provision of certain services to you. However, you acknowledge and agree that at no time are we making any representation or warranty regarding any third party’s services nor will we be liable to you or any third party for any consequences or claims arising from or in connection with your use of information from any third party, your use of any third party website, or your consumption of any food or beverages from any merchant including, and not limited to, any liability or responsibility for, death, injury or impairment experienced by you or any third party. You hereby disclaim and waive any rights and claims you may have against us with respect to third party’s/ merchants services.
- We expressly disclaim all liabilities that may arise as a consequence of any unauthorized use of credit/ debit cards
- We shall not be liable to you or anyone else for any losses or injury arising out of or relating to the information provided on the platform. In no event will we or our employees, affiliates, authors or agents be liable to you or any third party for any decision made or action taken by your reliance on the content contained herein.
- Neither Kuriyas Food nor its directors, officers, agents, employees or contractors shall have any liability for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages (including without limitation, damages arising from personal injury/wrongful death, damages for loss of business or loss of profits), arising in contract, tort or otherwise from your access to and the use or inability to use this site or for any products or services purchased from us.
- No delay, failure or no waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any preceding or succeeding breach of any provision unless confirmed in writing.
- If there is an abuse of vouchers and/or discount codes or in suspected instances of fraud, we reserve the right to cause the buyer (or customer) to be blocked immediately and to refuse future service to them and we also reserve the right to seek compensation from any and all violators.
- Offers are subject to our discretion and may be withdrawn at any time and without notice.